Referral Staffing Solutions, in partnership with a great company, is seeking a temp-to-hire Assistant Operations Supervisor – La Crosse, WI.
This is a 1st shift role 7 AM â€“ 4 PM Monday through Friday. Pay starting at $11.50 and is based on experience.
Great candidates will have 6 months or more working in a supervisory role and in a production/manufacturing industry.
Experience operating a forklift, skid steer, loader, or baling equipment.
They will also have knowledge of the recycling industry, production processes, and quality control.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time including but not limited to a 9 hour shift, lift up to 50 lbs. or more occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and a loud environment.
- Inspect recycling material to determine if acceptable or rejected
- Notify Operations Supervisor of production problems
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of recyclable materials to verify conformance to standards
- Sort recyclable materials into proper locations
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all Sorters remain productive
- Work with Operations Supervisor to coach Sorters
- Assist Operations Supervisor in troubleshooting equipment failures
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills in operating various tools, equipment, and parts
- Ability to be self-motivated and multi-task
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Companyâ€™s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks
- Knowledge of common sense o Skills in critical thinking, quality control analysis, coordination, active listening, judgment, and decision making
- Ability to operate recycling conveyor
- Ability to learn troubleshooting techniques for recycling equipment
- Ability to lead, coach, and promote a culture of teamwork
If you feel you are the right fit for theÂ Assistant Operations Supervisor – La Crosse, WI, pleaseÂ complete an application today!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour
- Supervisory Experience – Recycling Experience
Required license or certification:
- High school or equivalent