Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 10 pm – 6:30 am and rotating weekends. The Maintenance Team Leader directs the night shift maintenance staff in performing safe, quality and efficient work in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, and machine and electrical servicing while training, coaching and mentoring staff in an effort to develop a safe, high performing maintenance team. Responsibilities:
1. Coaches and directs maintenance staff to ensure work instructions, procedures, job descriptions, safety policies and GMPâ€™s are followed.
2. Assists in the administration of timely performance appraisals and encourages and works with staff to reach department and personal development goals.
3. Documents employee performance; recognizes superior performance and recommends corrective action.
4. Monitors and verifies timesheets; provides feedback to Maintenance Supervisor regarding the approval of employee requests for time off.
5. Conducts and/or coordinates maintenance employee training to increase knowledge, skills and abilities and monitors performance in an effort to develop a safe, high performing maintenance team.
6. Assists in the coordination of the preventative maintenance program.
7. Directs and monitors the completion of work orders to ensure accurate and efficient completion of orders.
8. Assists in reviewing audit reports and directs and monitors the completion of assigned tasks to maintenance employees.
9. Monitors maintenance inventory (spare/repair/critical parts and tools) and makes recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure budget and availability to perform safe, quality and efficient work.
10. Ensures outside contractors comply with safety policies and GMPâ€™s.
11. Monitors condition of maintenance shop to ensure a safe, quality and efficient work environment.
12. Completes initial investigation of employee accident and/or injuries and participates in root cause analysis investigation.
13. Assists in completing monthly audits of equipment, systems, and facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
14. Assists in evaluating maintenance policies and procedures and provides recommendations for change.
15. Ensures the facility and equipment meets or exceeds government and SQF requirements.
16. Works various shifts / hours, including holidays and weekends as needed.
17. May perform the responsibilities of maintenance employees and other duties as assigned. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
1. An associate degree in Electromechanical Technology and 3 or more years of industrial maintenance experience in a food manufacturing setting or the equivalent in education and work experience is required.
2. Strong knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and good manufacturing practices for food processing is required.
3. Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, email and internet functions is required.
4. Ability to lead by example, direct, instruct and develop others is required.
5. Dependability, flexibility, energy, and efficiency is required.
6. Focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity and having the ability to read, understand, and follow SOPâ€™s and GMPâ€™s is required.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and work in a positive team or independently is required.
8. The ability to adapt to changing priorities, multitask, remain organized and a detail oriented approach are required.
Physical Requirements: 1. Ability to meet the physical demands of the position per work screen protocol is required.
Â Â Â Â Â APPLY NOW AT Â www.referralstaffingsolutions.com