Referral Staffing Solutions is recruiting a Catering Assistant for a Direct Hire position with Premier Catering.Â
The catering assistant encompasses a variety of tasks and duties required to meet client food orders and provide a complete event service. Ability to work front of the house with customers and back of the house preparing food is ideal.
A catering assistant works under the supervision of the caterer to prepare, cook, and serve food for various events either at a set venue or at various locations according to their customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Catering Assistants
- Transports all materials to and from the event area, following all health and safety qualifications for food and serving ware.
- Sets up, decorates, and prepares serving and dining areas according to specific directions and layout plans established by the catering contracts.
- Cleans, washes, peels, and cuts fruits, vegetables, and other food for optimal presentation.
- Prepares food in an attractive and appetizing way according to the catererâ€™s directions and serves the food with a positive and courteous demeanor.
- Addresses immediate customer concerns, questions and needs in order to provide an optimal experience.
- Breaks down serving and dining areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, utensils, dining ware, linens, serving ware, and work areas.
- Restocks clean equipment, utensils, and equipment to proper storage areas noting any damages and items to be replaced.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with health and cleanliness standards for food preparation and presentation.
- PreferÂ exceptional interpersonal skills for working with the general public.
- Team player and willing to take on additional tasks to get the job done.
- Professional look and attitude.
- Familiarity with a variety of food types, menus, recipes, and general aesthetics and food presentation.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to complete administrative tasks including invoices, order forms, schedules, audio visual specifications, menus, and budgets.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in high pressure situations.
- A keen eye for detail.
Education and Experience
- Prefer a Certificate orÂ an Associateâ€™s degree in culinary arts, culinary management, catering, or hospitality.
- May require a certificate in culinary or food preparation or a minimum of two years in food preparation or service.
- Must often work holidays, weekends, and evenings as most events occur during these times.
- Must be able to work standing up for long hours with few to no breaks during four to eight hour shifts.
- Conditions are often high pressure, fast paced, and demanding. Must be able to respond to rapidly changing work conditions and address immediate and future customer demands with very little notice or prompting.
- Varying schedules according to the time of year, holidays, and regional events. Should expect flexible but often unpredictable scheduling.
- Starting wage $9.00 – $11.00 per hour
Apply online: www.referralstaffingsolutions.com