Referral Staffing Solutions is seeking a SeasonalÂ Refuse Driver – La Crosse, WI
This position consists of fallen leaf clean-up.
Must be able to ensure route is done as efficient as possible. At times could perform yard and office work if needed. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. or more occasionally, and/or up to 75 lbs. frequently, and/or 50 lbs. constantly to move objects. Must be able to work in physical conditions including extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid, noise, and vibration. Great candidates will have two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks. A Class B or higher Commercial Driverâ€™s license with air brakes endorsement is required.
- Perform complete pre- and post- trip inspections, clean inside the cab of the truck, and cleanout behind packers
- Safely operate heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatchers and/or supervisors
- Courteously interact with all customers and residents, dispatchers, and others on a daily basis to ensure all routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good customer service skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Companyâ€™s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks â€¢Knowledge of the streets in the area
If you think youâ€™d enjoy a position like this, call us (608-881-6003) to learn more, apply online (https://www.referralstaffingsolutions.com/looking-for-work/apply/) or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!